Friday, June 4, 2010

In the barn

It's been more than six months since we have moved to our new place right in Downtown Burj (in Dubai)
We were very lucky to get this current apartment, especially because it faces The Burj and has some amazing views of the tallest tower in the world and the fountain and old town underneath. Also, it's a got two rooms.
One room has never been done. It serves as a junk room pretty much. And once I make up my mind of wanting to convert it into my studio room or a guest room, things will be easier..
Anyways, so two weeks back V and I were in a mood to settle that room into a guestroom. Put our current bedroom furniture there and buy a new set for us! And that thrills me.. :)
We went to the newly opened Pottery Barn, in Mirdiff Mall. It was my first time at a Pottery Barn and I was so excited and I quite loved it actually and didn't take me long to fall in love with this chest



and we almost bought it too. But then before buying most things I always dwell and take time thinking about them.. so in the end we have skipped the idea for now, but I do think at some point this will be perfect for us. We don't like very heavy furniture, but this one is perfect.

And this table I was ready to pick up without any thinking, coz this is just the kind of table I have been looking for past few years.. but they didn't have it in stock. I still love it!! :) On second thoughts, think it would be perfect if this was also in white..

I did though, end up picking a 5 liter glass watercan with tap. Been trying to get hold of a picture but can't find one, will take a pic of the one we got at home and post it soon. I hated the idea of a plastic local water filter in the kitchen, and so this is perfect! pics coming soon..

Meanwhile, I also love these lights and want them soooo bad, I don't think PB Dubai had these though.. but being such a string-lights freak, i love these summery paper lights!



Oh and of course, nothing got done with the other room! :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails